Adsense code

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011 Trading Results

Overall Trading Record of Closed Positions Prior To Today's Trades (Since March 3, 2011)

Cumulative W/L = 6 - 0                                     (plus 220 - 53 from 2009 trading sample)

Cumulative Non-Compounded Gain = 2.62%        (plus 139.22%+ from 2009 trading sample)


Today's Trades
                                                                                                                             Cum     Compound
Symbol  Buy Pr   Sell Pr   Short Pr   Cover Pr  Tot Gain  W  L  Cum W  Cum L   Gain        Gain

 BAC                                     14.27      OPEN
 F             14.12*    14.24                                      0.85%     1           7             0        3.47%     3.52%
  F             14.04*   14.24                                      1.42%     1           8             0        4.90%     5.00%
 F                                          14.38       OPEN                    
DXD         18.45    OPEN
DXD          18.25   OPEN

* Trade was made March 7


All Currently Open Positions

YRCW    2.44*
YRCW    2.37*
BAC                                       14.27**
F                                             14.38**
DXD       18.45**
DXD       18.25**

*Trade was made March 7
**Trade was made March 8


Overall Trading Record of Closed Positions Including Today's Trades (Since March 3, 2011)

Cumulative W/L = 8 - 0                                     (plus 220 - 53 from 2009 trading sample)

Cumulative Non-Compounded Gain = 4.90%        (plus 139.22%+ from 2009 trading sample)


Images To Verify Price Of Trades

Please note that I had severe difficulties with my real-time streaming quotes today. I am using new software that isn't working out that well.  Several times during the day, the quotes froze for several minutes, and there was no way for me to determine what the current price was.  Also, the "last price" was not matching either "bid/ask" price for at least the first hour of trading, and at first it was unclear whether the "last price" was the real time price, or whether the "bid/ask" price was accurate.

As a result, I meant to cover BAC at 14.20 today, but when the bid/ask actually hit 14.20 (so I could take an accurate screenshot), it was showing the "last price" as being much higher than 14.20, so I couldn't issue a Twitter cover prediction at 14.20 then, since it was unclear whether the price was actually 14.20 then!

By the time I realized what was going on (it seems that the "last price" was accurate, and the "bid/ask" was delayed), I started to use the "last price" as the most current price (note that I shorted Ford at 14.38 when the bid/ask was 14.37/14.38 and the current price was 14.386, meaning the actual bid/ask at that time was likely 14.38 v 14.39).  After I realized what was occurring, I still encountered problems with the realtime quotes freezing.

As a result, I may remove today's trades from the site, due to the results being unfairly skewed by software problems, meaning they are not representative of my ability.  If I do so, in order to be fair, I won't remove simply the trades that went against me, I'd remove ALL trades from today, even the ones that benefited me.


I will send a Twitter message out to readers in order to make them aware of this situation, so that if they did follow my advice I can advise them as to how to best handle their open positions.


Note: The following Twitter images/predictions can also be verified by visiting my Tweet history on my Twitter profile:

http://twitter.com/#!/MakeTheseTrades 

No comments:

Post a Comment